- VTi 120
- Transmission: Automatic TipTronic Gearbox
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Automatic digital air conditioning
- Driver, front passenger, front lateral and curtain airbags
- Front seat belt pre-tensioners with force-limiters
- Front fog lights
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Variable power assisted steering
- High-frequency remote control central locking with deadlocks
- RDS stereo radio/MP3 compatible CD player with steering mounted controls
- Auxiliary socket
- Electrically foldable adjustable door mirrors
- Front electric windows with ‘one-touch’ operation on driver’s side
- LED Signature – daytime-running LEDs, front fog lights and grille chrome surrounds and chrome insert on rear number plate molding
- Scented air freshener
- Interior mood lighting
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Rear 1/3-2/3 split/folding seats
- 12 volt socket
- Multi-function on-board trip computer
- 17” alloy wheels
- Chrome door handles
- Black ‘Dinamica’ premium cloth upholstery
- Chrome exhaust tailpipe
New DS 3 offers full customization capabilities, enabling drivers to express their individual takes on the strong personality of DS 3. Ever true to its fashionable Parisian chic image, New DS 3 gets a new body colour (Aden Red) and a new roof colour (Topaz Brown), drawing inspiration from precious stones and perfectly in harmony with the new interior dashboard trim.
Body Colour Combinations
Exterior customization capability is the broadest in this vehicle segment:
- 44 possible combinations of body/roof colours (with choice of 11 body colours and 4 roof colours)
- Choice of 10 exterior roof décors, in addition to the four roof colours
- Choice of 10 wing mirror colours
Attention to detail: chrome door handles, side trims and wing mirror stems. Full choice of alloy wheel sizes and colours (16 alloy wheels from 16” to 18”, in two-tone with diamond finish, for the ultimate in refinement)
Further emphasizing the fashionable Parisian personality of New DS 3, the Irrésistible Paris décor comes with side window markings and laser engraving on the dashboard trim. The wing mirrors, in the same colour as the roof, with chrome finish or laser engraving, add a touch of refinement to the distinctive, expressive outline.
The inimitable DS style shines out in characteristic features such as the shark’s fin, floating roof, and new DS front identity (DS Wings), sculpted like a work of art, with verticalized hexagonal grille proudly bearing the DS badge. The main new design feature introduced on New DS 3, is the double DS Wings front end, which enhances the car’s connotations of French luxury.
Front Light Signature
DS LED Vision technology:
- Innovative combination of LED (three LED modules) ad xenon technologies
- Scrolling indicators, unique in this vehicle segment
- DS lattice embedded in the headlamps
- LED features in front air inlets
Advantages of DS LED Vision technology:
- Style and modernity: sensual, hypnotic appearance characteristic of the DS brand
- Enhanced comfort and safety: wide, deep, white light flux, for improved visibility at low and high speeds, and less driver fatigue
- Higher efficiency: economy (50% less energy consumed in dipped mode and 67% less in main-beam mode), and longer service life (20 times longer, or 20,000 hours) than halogen lamps
Rear Light Signature
The 3D-effect LED rear lights on New DS 3 bring further illustration of French elegance and attention to detail. The lamp unit comprises a rectangular lightguide with 30 LEDs plus a set of mirrors and semi-reflective panes forming infinite reflections of the lightguide image. This high-tech, high-performance light signature sets a new standard in lighting technology, with its (rectangular 3D module of 30 LEDs topped by an upper blade of 24 LEDs in each lamp). Another little detail: the DS logo is embedded jewel-like, in the rear lamps.
French design flair is also seen in the leather upholstery (textured or Napa with watchstrap stitch), the dashboard with leather trim or exclusive laser engraving, the leather-covered panel hood, the smooth leather-covered steering wheel, the exclusive chrome trims, etc.
Along with a broad choice, New DS 3 also offers a panoply of exclusive features:
- watchstrap stitching in Napa leather, unique in the automotive world and exclusive to DS – embossed DS logo on front seats and leather dashboard trim
Driving pleasure on New DS 3 is enhanced by the low, wrap-around seats (heated on some versions) and exemplary soundproofing. Noise and vibration from engine, airflow and road are filtered out very effectively.
New DS 3 stands out for convenience and practicality:
- five full-size seats
- exemplary luggage space, with the largest boot in its category (285 litres)
- generous glove compartment and door cubbies storage space in movable central armrest
- one-touch asymmetric rear-seat fold-down
New DS 3 offers satnav from a high-resolution 7” colour touchscreen
- Jukebox function, Bluetooth audio streaming and USB/AUX connectivity, for the utmost listening pleasure – Satnav in Birdview mode
- Safe phone capability with hands-free function
Touchscreen (7”) for highly intuitive use at the wheel: centralized information, Mirror Screen connectivity (Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink) with Text to Speech / Speech to Text function for safety and comfort
- MyDS for interactive access to full vehicle use data
Active City Brake
The Active City Brake system avoids low-speed collisions or lessens collision impact. A short-range laser sensor located above the windscreen detects obstacles, such as a stationary or moving vehicle ahead. At speeds up to 30 km/h it identifies the potential risk and communicates directly with the brake system controller to avoid collision, or reduce the impact of collision, without the driver having to operate the brake pedal. This automatic braking function slows the vehicle down, to standstill if the situation so requires.
Driver Assistance Systems
New DS 3 has extensive safety and comfort features:
- Cruise control with programmable speed limiter
- Reversing camera coupled with touchscreen navigation, with image shown on the 7” screen
- Front and rear parking assist
- Hill-start assist for all versions with S&S
- Crawl function for all versions with automatic or automated manual transmissions
The interior fragrance function releases a subtle, pleasant perfume, at adjustable intensity, throughout the passenger compartment.
Brisk, agile, responsive roadholding affords a sensational ride on board New DS 3. Sensational driving pleasure entails no penalty on comfort: the comfort/roadholding balance is the best there is.
The new EAT6 automatic transmission (Efficient Automatic Transmission 6) is the ideal engine-transmission combination for smooth yet dynamic driving response.
- Faster, smoother gearshifts
- Improved driveability
- Response and acceleration The EAT6 transmission is coupled with the three-cylinder PureTech110 S&S petrol engine, to give fuel mixed-cycle consumption of 4.6 litres per 100 km and CO2 emissions of 105 g/km.
New DS 3 is available with a choice of new PureTech three-cylinder engines (International Engine of the Year 2015):
- PureTech 110 S&S, with manual or EAT6 automatic gearbox (consumption from 4.5 l/100 km and CO2 emissions from 104 g/km).
- The EAT6 new-generation six-speed automatic transmission gives prompt, supple response from low engine speeds.
The powerful, ecological BlueHDi diesel engines (100 and 120) available for New DS 3 stand at the forefront of technology. They include an SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) module upstream of the additive-based particulate filter to cut out NOx (90%) as well as reducing CO2 emissions. The BlueHDi 100 S&S, for example, achieves fuel consumption from 3 l/100 km and CO2 emissions from 79 g/km.
DS 3 Performance is the distinguished, dynamic flagship of the New DS 3 line-up, boasting the best in efficacy, comfort, driveability and motoring sensations. The car’s energetic disposition is immediately apparent: distinctive dual tailpipe, wide wings, 18” ‘diamond’ alloy wheels, and gloss black front brake callipers, and specific DS Performance décor.
The figures speak for themselves: power 208 bhp, torque 300 Nm, CO2 emissions 125 g/km. The results testify to the steadfast work of the DS Performance design teams, who opted for a 1.6 THP S&S engine to power this spectacular car. Coupled through specially-staged six-speed gearbox (MCM) and Torsen limited-slip differential it is powerful, civilized and economical, giving exceptional drive and trajectory-holding. Suspensions and power unit were specially tuned to deliver intense driving sensations backed by a reassuring sense of unwavering control.
Like the car’s equipment, the materials used are also consistent with the car’s dynamic performance and avant-garde design stance.
Customization capability extends to a choice of two trim levels:
- Trim level 1 offers six body/roof colour combinations
- Trim level 2 —Black Special— is the ultimate expression of the car’s refined sports outlook, with mat black body and gloss gold roof, carbon side strips, dashboard and gearstick base in gloss gold and additional comfort and safety features.
New DS Identity
The new-look New DS 3 boasts the DS Wings front end, sporting DS LED Vision technology.
Floating roof, two-tone body, and shark’s fin are among the characteristic design features extolling the inimitable personality of this emblematic city car.
New DS 3 draws inspiration from the world of fashion, with its Aden Red body colour, Topaz brown roof, alloy wheels and distinguished interior linings and décors.
Refinement and Materials
Craftsman-like attention to detail shows through in the watchstrap-stitched Napa leather, side window markings, leather dashboard trim, and laser-engraved wing mirror shells and décors.
Incisive suspension and precise steering ensure crisp response under all circumstances, for a reassuring sense of control and safety.
Advanced technology for daytime and nighttime driving:
DS LED Vision technology, for exceptional lighting quality
Active City Brake
Reversing camera and new front parking assistance sensors
Advanced connectivity with 7” touchscreen, for the ultimate in motoring convenience: Mirror Screen (now compatible with Apple CarPlay) and MyDS.
Five full-size seats, the largest boot in this category (285 l), and optimum comfort/response balance, in town and on the open road.
DS 3 Performance
The powerful, refined, DS 3 Performance offers incomparable driving sensations and perfectionist design, epitomizing true DS genetics.
Automatic TipTronic Gearbox